Usage Instructions for Whitening GeL
It is important that you apply the teeth whitening gel properly so you do not waste any of the gel and that you experience the least amount of sensitivity while using the gel.
1. Prior to Treatment: Brush and floss just prior to bleaching your teeth. The whitening gel is the most effective with clean teeth. Try the trays in first without any beach to check the fit and comfort. Make sure that the bleaching trays are clean and dry before applying the whitening gel. Moisture reduces the efficiency of the whitening gel and slows down the whitening process.
2. Applying the Bleaching Gel: When you apply the gel make sure not to fill the trays. Place a SMALL drop of tooth whitening gel halfway up on the inner front surface of tray (in the front of each tooth in the tray). Do not spread the bleach around. Recap the syringe for next treatment until empty. The average treatment per arch requires approximately 0.5ml of whitening gel.
3. Inserting the Bleaching Trays: Insert whitening tray in the mouth over the teeth. Seat the tray firmly against the teeth. Wipe the excess gel which seeps over the brim of the tray onto your gums with your finger or a cotton swab. Wear the tray with the gel as directed below.
4. Wearing Time: We recommend wearing the tray with the bleach for 2 hours. If sensitivity develops – either wear for only 1 hour or use every other day. Wear both trays at the same time during bleaching process.
5. After Whitening: Remove the tray and rinse off your teeth. Brush any remaining gel away. Brush, floss and continue routine dental cleaning. You may initially notice white splotches on teeth following removal of tray. This is typically cause by dehydration of the teeth and should diminish within an hour. For one hour following bleaching do not eat or drink things which may cause staining of the teeth (i.e. coffee, tea, berries, mustard).
6. Caring for Your Trays and Gel: Clean whitening trays with a toothbrush or Q-tip and cold water. Store trays in the tray holder and gel in cool dry place away from heat and direct sunlight. The gel may be refrigerated to prolong the shelf life, but do not freeze.
Dental whitening gel can be refrigerated for longer shelf life. Shelf life is 1 year un-refrigerated and 2 years refrigerated. These are general recommendations and may vary between manufacturers. Please read the manufacturers instructions. Use only in accordance with these instructions.